§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
- In the following, we provide information about how we collect personal data when you use our website. Personal data comprise all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behavior.
- Responsible under Art. 4 Para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Waldemar Link GmbH & Co. KG
Tel.: +49 (0)40-539 95-0
Fax: +49 (0)40-538 69 29
You can contact our data protection officer at Datenschutz@linkhh.de or our postal address, with the addition of “The Data Protection Officer”.
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, we save the data you give us (your e-mail address and possibly your name and phone number) in order to answer your questions. We delete the data obtained in this way once it is no longer necessary to store it, or we restrict its processing if we are legally obliged to keep the data.
- If we make use of service providers for individual functions of our offering, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the individual processes involved. We also state the specified criteria for how long your data is held.
§ 2 Your rights
- You have the following rights that you may exercise in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access,
- Right of rectification or erasure,
- Right of restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
- In addition, you have the right to complain to the data protection supervisory authority concerning the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- If you use the website simply for information purposes and do not register or send us any other information, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that is necessary for technical reasons in order to show you our website and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of inquiry
- Time zone difference relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Quantity of data transmitted
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive by your browser. They allow certain information to be sent to the source of the cookie (in this case, that means us). Cookies cannot run programs or infect your computer with viruses. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and efficient.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, and we explain how they function below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They are also known as session cookies. They store a session ID, with which various inquires from your browser can be assigned to a joint session. This enables your computer to be recognized when you next visit our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which can differ from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser setting in any way you like, for example so that third-party cookies or all cookies are blocked. We should point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Other functions and offerings of our website (Login)
- In addition to using our website simply to find the information you are looking for, we also offer a range of services that may interest you. To access these, you usually have to enter some additional personal data, which we use for the purpose of providing the relevant service. The data processing principles stated above then apply.
- In some cases we use external service providers for processing your data. These service providers are carefully selected by us and they are bound by our instructions. They are monitored on a regular basis.
- We may also pass on your personal data to third parties if we team up with partners to bring you promotional offers, prize competitions, conclusion of contracts, and similar services. You will receive more details about this when you give us your personal data or at the end of the description of the offer.
- If our service provider or partner is located in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the implications of this in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection or withdrawing consent to processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. If you do withdraw your consent, this has an affect on the reliability of processing your personal data.
- If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you can make an objection to the processing. This applies if, in particular, processing is not necessary for the performance of a contract with you, which we explain below in the description of the functions. When you exercise your right to object, we request that you give the reasons why we should not process your personal data. If the objection is justified, we will examine the facts and either stop/adapt the data processing or explain to you our compelling legitimate grounds for continuing with the processing.
- Of course, you can object at any time to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis. You can inform us about your objection to advertising via the following contact: Datenschutz@linkhh.de
§ 6 Contact forms
On our website, you can send us messages via contact forms. We process the personal data provided by you in the contact form in order to respond to your inquiry and to contact you.<br/>We will delete the data six weeks after responding to your inquiry unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your rights and interests, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
§ 7 Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”. These are text files which are placed on your computer and allow your use of the website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on a server in the United States. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will, however, be truncated by Google beforehand within the area of member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating how you use the website, compiling reports on website activities, and providing further services related to website and Internet usage to the website operator.
- The IP address transferred by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be combined with any other data held by Google.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings of your browser software. However, we would like to point out that if you do so, you may not be able to utilize fully all this website’s functions. You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie and related to your usage of this website (including your IP address) from being conveyed to and processed by Google. You can do this by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available through the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are processed in a shortened form, which prevents identification of the person to whom the IP address belongs. If the data collected permits identification of the person concerned, this is immediately rendered impossible and the personal data is thereby deleted.
- We employ Google Analytics in order to analyze the use of our website and to regularly improve the user experience. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our offering and to make it more interesting to you as the user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
- This website also uses Google Analytics for analyzing visitor streams across all types of device which access the website via a user ID.
§ 8 DoubleClick by Google
- The marketing tools used mean that your browser automatically creates a direct link to the Google server. We have no influence over the scope or further use of the data collected by Google by using this tool, and therefore we inform you of the knowledge we have. By integrating DoubleClick, Google is informed that you have called up a specific part of our website or have clicked on an advertisement of ours. If you have registered in a Google service, Google is able to identify the website visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible for the provider to find out your IP address and store it.
- There are various ways in which you can prevent this tracking process: a) by setting your browser software; in particular, if you suppress third-party cookies, you will not receive any advertisements from third parties; b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser so that cookies from the “www.googleadservices.com” domain are blocked, www.google.de/settings/ads, but this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating interest-related advertisements from providers that are part of the self-regulating campaign “About Ads”, via the link www.aboutads.info/choices, but this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser under the link support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996. We should point out that if you choose to take make any of these settings, you may not be able to utilize fully all the functions of this website.
- The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. You can find more information about DoubleClick by Google at marketingplatform.google.com/about/enterprise/ and support.google.com/adsense/answer/2839090. For more about data protection with Google in general, go to: policies.google.com/privacy. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org. Google has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 9 Use of social media plug-ins
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins: [Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Xing, T3N, LinkedIn, Flattr]. We use the “two-click” solution. That means that if you visit our website, to begin with no personal data is passed on to the provider of the plug-ins. You can recognize the plug-in provider by the marking on the box above the provider’s first letter or logo. We enable you to communicate directly with the plug-in provider via the button. Only if you click the marked field, and thereby activate it, is the plug-in provider informed that you have called up the relevant page of our website. In addition, the data specified under § 3 of this Privacy Statement is transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, the respective providers state that in Germany the IP address is anonymized immediately after it is collected. So activating the plug-in means that personal data is transmitted by you to the plug-in provider concerned and this data is stored there (in the USA in the case of American providers). As the plug-in provider collects data via cookies in particular, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings before you click on the grayed out box.
- We have no influence over the data collected or how the data is processed, nor do we know the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of processing, or how long the data is stored. Similarly, we have no information about the deletion of collected data by the plug-in provider.
- The plug-in provider saves the data collected about you as “use profiles”, and it utilizes these profiles for advertising and market research purposes and/or for tailoring its website to suit your requirements. This kind of evaluation takes place especially (including for users who have not logged in) for presenting appropriate advertising and in order to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles. To exercise this right, you need to contact the relevant plug-in provider. By means of the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with social media networks and other users so that we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as the user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
- Data is transmitted irrespective of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and have logged in to the account. If you have logged in to the plug-in provider, your data collected on our website will be directly assigned to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and link to the page, for example, the plug-in provider will also save this information in your user account and publicly disclose it to your contacts. We recommend regularly logging out after using a social network, and especially before activating the button, as in this way you can avoid assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
- You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider in the privacy statements of these providers, given below. There you will also find further details about your rights and possible settings for protecting your privacy.
- Addresses of the various plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection information: LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has signed up to the EU-US - Privacy - Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 10 Embedding of YouTube videos
- We have embedded YouTube videos in our website. They are stored at www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. [These are all embedded in the “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube unless you actually play the videos. It is only when you play the videos that the data specified in Paragraph 2 is transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.]
- When you visit the website, YouTube is informed that you have called up the relevant subpage or our website. In addition, the data specified under § 3 of this Privacy Statement is transmitted. This happens irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account via which you are logged in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data is directly assigned to your account. If you do not want this assignment to your YouTube profile to happen, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube saves your data as “use profiles” and utilizes it for advertising and market research purposes and/or for tailoring its website to suit your requirements. This kind of evaluation takes place especially (even for users who have not logged in) for presenting appropriate advertising and in order to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles. To exercise this right, you need to contact YouTube.
- You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube in the privacy statement. There you will also find further details about your rights and possible settings for protecting your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 11 Embedding of Google Maps
- On this website, we use the services of Google Maps. This enables us to display interactive maps for you on our website so that you can use the map function conveniently.
- When you visit the website, Google is informed that you have called up the relevant subpage or our website. In addition, the data specified under § 3 of this Privacy Statement is transmitted. This happens irrespective of whether Google provides a user account via which you are logged in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data is directly assigned to your account. If you do not want this assignment to your Google profile to happen, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as “use profiles” and utilizes it for advertising and market research purposes and/or for tailoring is website to suit your requirements. This kind of evaluation takes place (even for users who have not logged in) particularly for presenting appropriate advertising and in order to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles. To exercise this right, you need to contact Google.
- You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider in the provider’s privacy statements. There you will also find further details about your rights and possible settings for protecting your privacy: policies.google.com/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 12 External links
We link to the websites of other providers who are unconnected with us (third parties). Please note that we have no influence over what data these providers process when the user clicks these links. As data processing by third parties is beyond our control, we cannot accept any responsibility for it. Further details about the processing of data by these providers can be found in the the data protection information published by these providers.
§ 13 Data security
For visits to our website, we utilize the widely used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in combination with the highest level of encryption that is supported by your browser. Generally this is 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, we use 128-Bit v3 technology instead. The closed key or lock symbol in your browser’s lower status bar tells you whether a particular page of our website is being transmitted in encrypted form. In addition, we make use of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved as and when new technical developments become available.
§ 14 Updating and amending this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is current and was last amended in May 2018. Further development of our website and offerings, and also changes in regulatory and official requirements, may make it necessary to amend this privacy statement. You can call up and print out our up-to-date privacy statement at any time on the website at https://www.linkorthopaedics.com/en/service-navigation/privacy-statement.